Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Vogue Trench Progress Report

Remember the OOP Vogue Trench I was working on?
The one with a milllion pieces?

I've spent an inordinate amount of time on it. HAND stitching woven interfacing to tabs, belts, shields, collars facings, SLEEVE HEADS and so on. I've sewed and stitched and unpicked and gone the extra mile.
The three part collar attached to the facing then added to the coat collar method is  PITA. I'd forgotten.

I'm glad to say I;m on the home stretch now. It is like a pregnancy. I've enjoyed it but reached the stage where I want it over already. Someone remind me never to do this again. Please.

I made a hood out of leftover pieces, from an old Burda Hoodie pattern. Do you like the check taffeta

I'm up to the hem and soon the double row of buttons and buttonholes. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment