Friday, 23 July 2010

The Burdastyle Trench

The Burdastyle trench from 04/2010 style 123 is finished.


My little impulse coat from an unusual bargain table material has turned out just as good as I had hoped. The pleated sleeves give it a summery casual feel and the fact that the sleeves look good pushed up and crinkly also make this a good coat to wear over a nice dress to go out in.

I did not put a pleat in the back of the sleeves, but only because I am too short to wear the look.



I also made the coat a little narrower for the same reason.





I'm happy with the coat. Now if I can just stop my hair from sticking out...
I'm about to do a review on PR. I will add the link when I do. Seeya!

8 comments:

  1. That fabric is very nice and makes a lovely trench coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely trench, your fabric and pattern choices are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to meet another Burda sewer - it's always a thrill especially one who makes coats!! This looks fabulous on you, great colour choice and lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I like the iridescence in the fabric- that's a great bargain table find!
    Thanks for the comment on my fit issues. That sounds right to me, because things usually fit me across the middle of my back, but then I have problems fitting the part between my shoulder blades and back of my neck. I'm still a beginner, but I'm finding that as I sew things that are a little more complicated the fit really makes a difference.
    I have a special place in my heart for Oz! I did my junior year of college in Newcastle :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed quite a few posts by being away: you made a beautiful coat. May I post a link to the instructions for the hem on the tutorials blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigrid, yes you may post a link. I'd be honored to be in your tutorials blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am visiting art and photography related websites for a long time, just because I am fond of collecting information about art-and photographs, and see the different type of art online, I am come across your post to same reason, you have added here great craft's images, these crafts are really looking great, I have never seen it before. Thanks for sharing this post.
    Clipping Path Service

    ReplyDelete
  8. its excellent coat you have made. I am very interested about this kind of site. I love to collect information and share with others.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete