I am seriously considering making a New Year's resolution of not sewing for anybody else, as advocated by the selfish seamstress. She does have a valid point that your precious sewing time can get swallowed up by other people's requests. ... but how could I not make an exception for my DD? She's my biggest fan and looks gorgeous in anything. (I can hear her saying 'no you're not biased at all are you Mum'). Anyway here is party dress number one
This is a wearable muslin of V8182. It's been modified and doesn't look much like the original but it is based on it
Then the band was narrowed even more and the shoulder gathers converted into one 2cm deep pleat at the shoulders, both front and back. The bodice was then narrowed to the width of the lining, then the whole thing was taken in half a centimetre more along the neck and armhole seams. Oh and the outer points of the overlaps were brought in by 4 cm.
Wishing for longer arms when taking a one handed construction shot...
I made a georgette flower from leftover fabric that could be pinned on (or not!) I'll do a post on how to make it later on.
Ah I'm so happy that the dress fits and she likes it. I've undone the temporary seams and will finish it today.
Finished dress - front and back are identical except for some lower edge bust gathering
Now for the 'real' version. As usual I'll do a more nut-and-bolts review for PR when I've finished. In the meantime
Happy Sewing everyone.