Friday, 12 November 2010

It's a wrap

Well it's really a poncho dear readers. While I am in the process of busily making a georgette creation (or two) for DD I thought I'd share another garment on the cheap tip for those of you in the northern hemisphere  plunging into cooler weather. Here is my remnant table poncho/wrap/thingy:

It is ironic that here in Sydney as I am posting this we are having a hot beach-weather weekend, but just last week this garment was being used frequently (along with a grey knit cardi-wrap) for very changeable weather that could to go cool without warning.
Here is how to make it:
Buy a piece of knit that looks like a sweater knit, 150cm wide. Mine was an end of roll 70cm length. Most people not vertically challenged like me would need 80, 90cm or even a metre. Serge or zig-zag all the raw edges. Fold it over, leave a 30cm (12") opening for your head. Sew the rest of the seam closed. Voila!
A wrap you can scrunch into your bag. Here's a closeup of the knit.


Happy sewing. Georgette dress adventures to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best, aren't they? I like the knit you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking poncho! I'm looking forward to the georgette dress adventures ......!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the poncho I have on my blog and way easier to make! Love it!

    ReplyDelete