Monday, 1 November 2010

What I've been up to

Dear fellow bloggers
I haven't disappeared. I've had a hectic few weeks and haven't posted. Also I've been sidetracked from my beloved sewing by a project I am undertaking of making all the girls in my extended family beaded bracelets or necklaces for Christmas. I saw some lovely pieces online made from semi-precious stones and went on to buy a box of supplies from fire mountain gems. Oh dear bloggers/sewers/craftists this site should come with a warning that it is too wonderful for words. I'm sure there are other beading supply websites but this one is delicious.
While I was waiting for my box of goodies to arrive I started practising with what I already had and came up with these


Chunky hippy style bracelets
and a delicate ncklace and bracelet


Made from an old black necklace and some inexpensive seed beads.
So that's what I'm doing. Some sewing will soon follow.
Happy blogging everyone.

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Valerie you have done a Great Job on the Jewellery ...looking forward to seeing what you make next...I have popped over from Nessaknits to HI...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great jewellery! Photo of the cape now posted! And sorry if I embarrassed you, but your sewing is so good, it needs to be shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nessa. Guys if you love knitting or reading a friendly blog go visit Nessa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beading! I took a class and loved it, but haven't explore the craft much. I really don't need another hobby....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice jewellery and its creative too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute design of work. very good thanks for sharing.
    Clipping Path service | Clipping Path service

    ReplyDelete