Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Kay Unger Dress

Dear fellow Bloggists
My three hobbies in life are writing, sewing and photography and like children I love them all equally. Blogging allows me to combine all three. It was with a bit of trepidation I set up this blog six moths ago and I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I do - so thank you for reading and for visiting. I didn't expect to find such a number of kindred spirits and I am thankful for all of you.
But first... I've finished the Kay Unger dress wearable muslin. I like it very much and am wearing it as I type. Here it is
And  a full shot
I've got to learn to push all my sewing stuff further out of shot. My styling capabilities need some work..

the back
I'll be doing a PR review later. This is unlined, out of stash quilting cotton. I love the style and have silk ready to do a special occasion version. I am working some crazy hours this week so the real one will have to wait until after Christmas. I'm not sure if I'll be doing any more posts between now and then so
Merry Christmas to you all.

5 comments:

  1. Well done, it's gorgeous and shows off your figure beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your muslin looks great! And I agree with you about blogging. I enjoy it so much because I don't know anyone who would listen to me ramble on about sewing in real life. Nice to find like-minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous muslin and will be fun to wear to those casual lunches with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie,
    I love your dress and it looks great on you! I just reviewed a Kay Unger dress V1205 tonight. I was in Joann's today and started to get this pattern, but talked myself out of it. But, now, I may reconsider. Thanks for your review. :)
    Mesewlot
    a.k.a Alethia

    ReplyDelete