Wednesday, 9 February 2011

What to do with leftovers

Of fabric that is - make a dress, especially when the fabric was bought for $1 a metre - honestly - when my Spotlight was closing down. It's just right for this little sack dress.


This is New Look 6948. I'd made up this pattern before, see PR Review for three versions of this dress. The top and pants are cute too but I haven't made them up. The heat wave we had in Sydney has passed but it was nice to do another quick-to-make dress to just throw on.



Happy sewing everyone.

7 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful right now. I'm so tired of winter and ready to wear summer dresses just like this. What a deal on that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't look like too much of a sack to me. My Spotlight stocks hideous fabrics - but occasionally there is a gem amongst the rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about Spotlight. I lke some of their knits but increasingly I'm leaning towards buying better quality - quality over quantity at Tessuti or The Fabric Store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great - what a good choice of fabric and style! I never shop at Spotlight - fortunately I have much better independent stores which are closer to home - the service drives me nuts, the queues to buy anything, the complete lack of knowledge and the overall disinterested staff make going to Spotlight torture for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lucky, my Spotlight had some lovely girls working in it and it also had a huge bargain corner. I'll miss browsing there, but it's just as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love this print! Valerie, thanks for stopping by my blog. The nurse's uniform is tucked away and I wouldn't pull it out unless someone asked for one or needed it for a costume (unlikely around here) so keep me posted when you're settled and we can work something out. ~lisa

    ReplyDelete