Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Changing Seasons

Dear Sewing Friends
I've packed up my worldly goods in the land of endless sunshine and moved to the other side of the world to Britain. Mid life crisis? No, just the realization of a long held dream to somehow base myself here and see more of Europe.
Before I left I took a blissful day away from packing to do a very therapeutic all day session of sewing.
Here are the results.

Firstly I shortened my black trench coat from this



which quite frankly looked a bit clunky, to this


It's three inches shorter and looks a lot better. I've already worn in in London drizzle and it's just right, waterproof but warm enough to keep the chill out. (In the photo I hadn't actually hemmed it up yet, just pinned and took a shot to see if it worked.)
More later,
Val.


8 comments:

  1. All best for the new venture, you will be so close to all those goodies in Europe. Agree that the trench looks a lot better shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the big move and living out a dream! The climate change will probably inspire lots of newly created garments. :) The trench does look much better shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. London! That is so cool! I hope you post lots of travel pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! What a change! We look forward to your London adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow thank you guys, its not forever -I'm here on a work visa and LJ I'm sure I can squeeze in some travel pictures as I go along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie-Christine17 March 2011 at 14:49

    This is definitely the right time of the year to do the move in this direction :-). And what with global warming, I hear London's quite balmy these days. But hey, the fabric shopping ought to be worth your while, if nothing else..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, it looks much better with the new lenght

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same dream but have to wait until my daughter finishes high school. I'm studying French for a retreat to Paris in 2.5 years.

    ReplyDelete