Friday, 30 September 2011

My Traveling Stash




Dear Readers,
I have been traveling for three weeks and while it was good, I am enjoying being back in my own little British city unpacking and unwinding and speaking my own language instead of struggling with guide book Spanish or French.
I want to report that Barcelona is full of unusual architecture by Antonio Gaudi, some true elegance on Passiage de Gracia, and then there's La Rambla - a walkway to see and be seen. It feels like tourists from all over pass by. It's good, bad, trashy, flashy and fascinating.


La Sagrada Familia, due to be finished in about 20 years!


On La Rambla, Barcelona

London is home away from home to me and I enjoyed showing it to my daughter. That's her taking the photo while we were exploring Harrods.



Paris could take up volumes. We both enjoyed bohemian Montmarte better than the grandeur of Champs Elysees or Place de Concorde.




We had coffee and crepes in the Jardin des Tuileries near The Louvre and people watched while autumn leaves fell.



But maybe most of all I enjoyed taking the time to get back to the streets just down from Sacre Coeur and do some fabric shopping! 
My lovely sewing souveniers are pictured at the top of this post.
The gorgeous multi coloured liberty cotton was from Tissus Reine, the black and pink cotton was a bargain table find from the shop next door to it. I finally bought a smock pattern I've had my eye on all year since Liza Jane reviewed it. here
I look forward to getting back into some sewing. It's good to be home.



Sculpture in the Rodin Museum, Paris.

Happy sewing,
Val.


1 comment:

  1. So exciting that you are traveling to all these places! I just wore my linen version of that pattern the other day and was thinking about how much like it. It's a fun and practical pattern.

    ReplyDelete