Monday, 17 October 2011

Not So Sure About This




Dear Reader
As you can see I've sewn up the piece of Liberty cotton that I bought at Tissus Reine, Paris. I loved it as a piece of material. I love the explosion of jewel colours. The feel of the material is heavenly. I wanted something tunic length so when I saw Inkstain's blog rendition of this Burda blouse in silk, I thought it might work to show off this material. We e ell ..I'm not sure. Half way through pin fitting the side seams and not get them to sit properly I had a real bozo-the-clown moment, pussycat bow and all. Nevertheless, being a stubborn creature who does not like the term 'UFO' I persisted. It is extremely rare for me not to finish a garment, even if it goes straight to charity afterwards! Well I added a couple of bust darts and finished the blouse then took it out very early the next morning to photograph it.
I like it, sort of. I'm not sure what it needs, or if the busy-ness of the material is too much of a good thing. Do not fear, it is not destined for the charity bin. I just have to find a way to wear it. I'll put it in the back of the closet and let it marinate, as my DD call it.
It may see the light of day again. Sometime.

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks totally fabulous! Definitely don't send it to the charity bin. I could see it with a casual black blazer-- maybe corduroy or something. Would look good with your boots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great on you. Not Bozoish at all. Maybe just a third layer of black some way, some alternative type sleeveless thing or something a little poncho or capey type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be happy for you to let it marinate in my cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fit but I'm not sure about the print either. Maybe if you detach the uhm bow (?) and add one in a solid colour (maybe in the blue that is in the print?) That would give your eye something to focus on....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and I hope you'll wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric is lovely- I agree with MaryMM- a little bit off black to tone it down. Lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete