Monday, 21 November 2011

Sew Busy

Dear friends, readers and sewing lurkers,
I know I haven't posted for a while but I have been busy traveling, sewing, planning more travels and trying to finish my first ever interlined serious winter coat Vogue 8754 for my first northern hemisphere winter. There are predictions for some seriously cold weather with snow for Britain. I'll be ready and waiting. You may notice the pattern is rated very easy and it would be if made up as instructed. Not in my hands! I added a interlining from a recycled fleece blanket, interfacing galore, bound buttonholes and other details all done in a shifty tartan wool that crept like a centipede .. having said that it is nearly finished and  love it. The whole story will follow.

In the meantime the other thing that kept me busy was a recent trip to Amsterdam to meet up with some European sewing friends, go to an Art in Fashion exhibit but best of all go fabric shopping at a huge fabric market. It was great fun and I have had a good fabric fix that will last me a long time. So will the stash that I brought back.
Here are some pics.




Margaret, Aicha, Hilda, Valerie, Marta, Joanna, Sigrid, Me. Samira and Sheila at the Art in Fashion exhibit at the Hague.


At the fabric market, witnessing a fabrilanche.


Exploring this charming city. I'll be back.



Happy sewing everyone.


4 comments:

  1. You look like you had a fabulous time, I'm sew envious of all that gorgeous fabric. Can't wait to see your coat and very clever to be prepared for the cold Britan winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey people if you like my travel posts please leave me a comment! It makes me feel loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Val! I found your blog via Sigrid's links. How nice to be planning your first coat for northern winters... at long last. My Scandinavian friends say there is no such thing as cold weather, only cold clothes (clothes not warm enough). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. H Katharine. Oh yes there is! I'm in Norway and have just been out at night in freezing weather in warm clothes! Nevertheless the winter coat is what I will write up as soon as I get back.

    ReplyDelete