Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Oscar wrap

Dear People
The 2012 Oscar parade has come and gone. I did not get to see the telecast as I was at work here on the other side of the globe, sadly. However no one could miss the buzz about the fashions. In theory the night is supposed to be about the movies. Maybe later when they are on DVD and one can order in a pizza and say 'this movie won this many Academy awards in 2012 it must be good right?' - but on the night it's all about the dresses. Gorgeous dresses on gorgeous people. A virtual fantasy shopping trip.


My utmost favourite dress and the one I wear in my Russian Supermodel Fantasy is  the Elie Saab gown worn by Milla Jovovich. Isn't it perfection?



Then of course there's Angelina Jolie's stunning black velvet Atelier Versace gown.





Much has been made of the jutting leg, so much so that it has appeared on the statue of Liberty.

Daily Mail Uk article on Angie's wayward leg

Who knows why she made a statement of it but it gave everyone something to remark on, much like Bjork's swan dress of some years ago. I admire the chutzpah of these ladies. They are entertainers, not heads of state.

I was going to go into what I consider the worst gowns, dresses that did not work and why they didn't work - too much fuss, too harsh or whatever but no...
Thank you for the movies, the music and thank you for the gowns.

Now I have the day off and I'm going to do some non glamourous sewing - a red T shirt.
Happy sewing everybody.

4 comments:

  1. Valérie,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I just wanted to say that I love comments and I don't mind them being in English at all. BTW, I love your daughter's garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the leg. I loved the red dress Michelle Williams wore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this year was a little boring. And while the lovely Meryl Streep has found the perfect oscar winning makeup artist she should find a new stylist. However told her to dress like the statue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, I agree, Meryl's dress was too much of everything.

    ReplyDelete