Thursday, 26 April 2012

TNT catchup

I have not posted for a few weeks but I have been sewing, quite a bit in fact. I need to do a few catch up posts and this is one of them. I needed some winter tops so I returned to my favourite knit top pattern. I know this pattern so well that  it is easy to play with it, vary it, make it clingy or not, play with the neckline, play with the sleeves and vary the finishes. So folks here are my latest two wintery versions of NL 6735.





My cream top made from five dollars worth of rugby jersey from the Lincraft bargain table.The pants are from Kwik Sew 2960. I don't even know if it is still in print. I made my first pair of pants from it in 2005!  See the Pattern Review here




This top is from some blue and white stripe stretch material from The Fabric Shop in Sydney. It is very hard to photograph as the white stripes have little vertical blue and white stripes in them which gives a strobing effect on photos. Also I thought it would hang loose rather than cling quite the way it does. It was very soft and drapey in the flat. I'll see how it goes.

I am working on some simple slim leg black pants. More to follow..
Happy Sewing everyone.


3 comments:

  1. Two very useful pieces! I love your header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is a photo of a designer boutique in Paris - Hermes I think. Anyway it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW The stripey strobe top is DEFINITELY going to my daughter. I've decided I don't need to look like a hologram sausage.

    ReplyDelete