Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Leibster Blog

Dear Blog readers,
It feels strange when you first start to blog. There is the exhilaration of having an online journal to record your efforts and a vehicle to share yourself with your adoring public (yeah right!) Then there are times when you wonder if anyone beyond a faithful handful of people ever reads the blog. I know I'll never be a Gertie or a Peter with thousands of readers and both a facebook and Pinterest following. (How do they find enough hours in the day?)
Over time though, something happens. You become part of a community that reaches to places you never imagined even with a little blog.
I received an award yesterday from someone who shares my name - Valerie.S at Sewcranky. She gave me the Leibster award which is for blogs with less than 200 followers. She said my blog entry about some pull on pants inspired her and that made my day. So here it is.


Da TA Da Ta Da Da!!!! Trumpets. Thank you! I had seen this award before but didn't reaise how it worked or how it started. All I know is that the word is German, meaning 'dearest'.
Does anyone in blogland know the origin? Please let me know.

Here are the rules associated with winning the Leibster
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
3. Copy and paste the blog award on to your blog
4. Nominate and pass on the award to FIVE other bloggers who have less than 200 followers
5. Let them know the happy tidings by posting on their blog

Here are the people to whom I want to pass the Leibster.
Patricia of Red Cardinal for her warm and wise take on life in general
MaryNanna of Make it Smirk for being wonderful and quirky

I wil break with tradition here by leaving it at these two lovely blogs. Check them out, as well as Valerie at Sewcranky.
Happy Sewing Everybody.


Photo from my travels: Bumblebee on flowers in the gardens of Blenheim Palace, England. Click on photo if you want to enlarge it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Valerie. You just keep on giving me great things! I am a lucky blogger indeed.

    ReplyDelete