Sunday, 24 June 2012

Out-Of-Necessity Leggings. BurdaStyle 126/3/2012

Dear Peoples,
One is not supposed to whinge or moan or whine but..It's My blog and I'll whine if I want to Leslie Gore on You Tube because my knee is still sore as a result of an injury. What is the point of all this? At the moment getting dressed is far easier if I wear leggings and the few I have are on high rotation, so out of necessity I decided to make some out of light weight denim with 5% spandex, that just happened to be half price at Lincraft.
I already had March BurdaStyle 2012 on loan from the library and in it was a very nice three part trouser for stretch fabrics. Trying to get a link from Burda is a hassle so here are pics of my pattern.


The mag


The Pattern


My version, and Look Ma there are no side seams!

The original is a ritzy three part pant with a front decorative seam and a back decorative seam and they fit really well. Yes! The original also has: front darts, a partial band below the waist band, back welt pockets and a fly zip. All gone. I extended the pieces to make away with the extra decorative band and at the last minute didn't even put in a mock fly. I added a bit of ease width ways that I could probably take out again, next time I make them. Because I will make them again, I love them.



Not model tight.. Don't tell anyone they are supposed to look like this


Shhh..
Edited to add a link to my pattern review of pants no 2 Pattern Review
and a photo.


Seeing I have plenty of time to sew at the moment watch out for a Burda shirt coming soon.
Happy sewing and whatever you are doing, 
Val.

12 comments:

  1. Love the comparison photos! Corporate is so unreal. They do look great btw. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting cleverblonde. If you stretch my body up a bit it'd look like that..

      Delete
  2. I too need some leggings and I never even considered that pattern! Mine will be a very unflash version from Ottobre woman. Yours look great! Talk about seeing the opportunity in necessity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey nothing wrong with straight forward legging patterns... I've got one somewhere. Leggings or trousers with no side seams at all in stretch-wovens just don't sit right on me. Do you remember the one seam trouser rage?

      Delete
  3. The look super comfortable - great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog DooBee. I'm going over to see your blog now..

      Delete
  4. Very nice and very clever! I think they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great. Clever to use this pattern for leggings, I wouldn't have thought of this.
    Hope your knee is better soon (though you should remain wearing these leggings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever drafting. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed with these leggings/jeans/whatever. They look really nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always wonder why I don't look like the model after I make something... Love your leggings. This is one of those things you'll get so much use out of.

    ReplyDelete