I normally don't do update posts but I thought I'd tease you with this:
The fake fur coat is really coming along. We are having a cool drizzly weekend so I can actually bear to sew. A cool change swept in on Friday evening after a record setting blisteringly hot day that reached 46.5 C. Luckily I worked a long shift and missed most of it.
Incidentally I spent 2011 working in the UK and I desperately wanted to experience snow. I do realize you can have too much snow, like is happening in France and the UK at the moment. Keep safe guys! But of course I had an idyllic English summer that eased into a mild winter.
I had to go to Norway to see real quantities of snow. Snow falling, snow lying on the ground. I went to gorgeous Tromso to experience the Northern Lights. Tromso is so pretty and I had my put-on-your-thermals and coat and hat and gloves and scarf before-you-go-outside cold weather and of course the amazing Aurora Borealis.
I also experienced icy streets for the first time and slipped over with my camera gear and fell on my behind. The camera was fine. Ah, memories.
My real reason for this post is that Erin of i heart fabric has given me a Leibster award. Thank you Erin.
I am blogging about it straight away or I won't get around to it!
Here are 11 things about me you may or may not want to know.
1. I am allergic to cats, which is a pity. My mother had a brown burmese that would meet me at the door and hold cat conversations with me.
2. If I type fast the middle letters of most words come out in reverse order. Some part of my brain is dyslexic I think.
3. I always, always wanted to travel. As a child I would look at horizons and want to go there. I finally started overseas travels in 2008. I am not finished yet.
4. I heard the sound of the sewing machine in utero. My mother and grandmother taught me to sew.
5. I didn't own a digital camera until I joined Pattern Review.
6. I didn't have a large pattern or fabric stash until I joined Pattern Review either.
7. I love the earth and nature and wide open spaces.
8. I could spend three months just touring the great art galleries of the world (or revisiting the ones I have already been to).
9. If life makes me anxious I find myself buying material (or patterns) and if I don't I find myself buying books on photography.
10. I love photo blogs as you can see from my blog roll. I love the visual. It doesn't have to be arty or perfect, just have that certain something. Come to think of it that's how I choose my sewing blog roll too.
11. I believe if you love something just do it, be it writing or sewing or art. Do it for the love of it.
I am passing the Leibster on to
Michelle at http://www.tresbienensemble.com/index.html
Tigergirl at http://tigergirladventures.blogspot.com.au/
Reana Louise at http://reanalouise.blogspot.com.au/
Pauline at http://paulineguillet.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/new-year-dress.html
Beverly who is on the http://ontheroadtosewwear.blogspot.com.au/
I've decided to add one more awardee to this list, a very new blogger, Fifi, who is fighting with fabric http://fififightsfabric.blogspot.com.au/
Some are established blog-friends, some are fairly new discoveries on my part. All are interesting. Check them out!