Saturday, 26 January 2013

In the Jungle Burda 09-2007-104

At last!

I can join in Prettynpink's Jungle January with all the other cool cats! I am so lucky that the weather co-operated with a (relatively) cool day to take my photographs of the fake fur coat made from a pattern in Burda, September 2007, number 104 and cut out years ago. I must have borrowed it from the local library and traced it off and not thought of photocopying the line drawing or instructions, as I would now.

Here it is.


I would so love to model this somewhere glamorous,  a Santorini cliff top perhaps, but I even left my umbrella downstairs in the car so you get me on my balcony in the rain. At least I've got a Santorini Western Sydney tan. I am so glad I finished this coat. It turned out better than I expected and the pattern is a gem.




Standing in the drizzly summer rain. I shouldn't point out faults but there is something going on with the right hand  corner of the hem. I know it is all straight and it is partly the way it is falling but I will go back and re stitch bits of it. I may as well aim for perfection, or rather as close as I can get to it. 


Pretty vintage buttons.


Black lining from the stash.


I love this coat. In fact I love all coats. I would love to live somewhere cooler, but in the meantime I will have to wait until the Aussie winter. I'll wear it on my birthday to dinner or the opera house.  Right now it is in my laundry airing out to dry.

Here is a link to my Pattern Review which has all the nitty gritty about the construction of the coat.

Edited to say I unpicked the right side of the hem and some of the back and fixed it where the lining had been pulling a little. I'm totally happy with the Kitty cat coat now. 

Going by the extremes of weather that we have been having with a heatwave, bush fires and now floods all the way down the east coast a flurry of snow in Sydney in four month's time would hardly be a surprise. 

Happy Jungle adventures everybody,
Val.








27 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Welcome to the jungle, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meow! Just perfect for a dinner date or night at the opera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely, you did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous coat! You look marvelous, rain or no.

    JoyceP in quite cold Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so soft and gorgeous. Beautiful job and well done arranging the cooler weather to model it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, over the moon beautiful! what gorgeous fabric, and those buttons...wow. I'm so glad you finished this! you look wonderful in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, that is Gorgeous!!! You look like Audrey Hepburn, Jackie, Liz etc in that, and must feel a million dollars. You could start a trend - we all want one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowee! Thank you ladies. Blame it on jungle fever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm-row! A purrrrfect coat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa- my Mother is upset with me right now- I am sitting way too close to the screen so that I can appreciate this even more! Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!!!! The vintage buttons are so cool. I think it is mandatory that every time you wear this coat you have to wear big sunglasses. And maybe a head scarf, too. So glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LJ I was going to do the whole headscarf, sunglasses and gloves photo shoot but a few shots in the rain was all I could manage. In spite of the rain it was so humid I had to run inside and take the coat off because I got so hot.

      Delete
  12. Really pretty and cozy! You look fabulous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now THAT is a COAT. Stunning. And fits right into the jungle. Great job. Bet you can't wait for the cooler weather to be able to take it out for a spin. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies. BJ it does make me feel like a movie star :) and it will have its special moment .. already in the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow looks amazing you must be so thrilled to get it finished. I love the animal print and the buttons they look so nice. What a perfect coat for winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous coat darling...but crazy as Patsy in Sydney's current heatwave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I'm glad it rained .. but it can stop now.

      Delete
  17. I absolutely love this coat! It is fantastic and you totally look like a movie star (just in time for the Oscars)! The buttons are perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this coat and I agree with all the commenters (is there such a word?) that it looks awesome on you! That last photo rocks! I hope you have many occasions to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a beautiful coat, and I am so impressed with your dedication in modelling it in this weather!
    I hope you have a lovely chilly winter in order to give it numerous proper outings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love faux fur coats but yours is especially nice. The collar is my favourite bit: it just looks like it'd feel very nice next to the face.

    Isn't it annoying when the weather refuses to cooperate with our blogging demands!?

    ReplyDelete
  21. ¡¡¡Qué bonitoooooooooooooo!!! BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete