Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Back to the Jungle Simplicity 3505

Dear Readers, Can you have too much jungle print? Photo credit Jason Dundas's blog.


Ok, maybe you can ..  but here is a jungly dress that almost made it to Petty Grievance's Jungle January made from Simplicity 3505.



This pattern has made a guest appearance on this blog before, in shrunken green leopard print cotton.


You'd think a dress that I'd made before would be easy, simple, quick. No, it wasn't! I wanted to incorporate a bit more ease but had added too much and had to fiddle with it and take it in. The rayon fought me all the way and the result was, and is, too floppy to wear without a belt but you know once I put the belt with it I started to like it again.



Now that the days are warm again with no tempests or fires or weird weather - this week at least - summer sewing is back on the agenda.


So many projects jostling in line to be made up, so little time. Oh and I will never ever again try to sew a project at anything other than in my normal plodding meditative fashion. I will sew for enjoyment as espoused by   http://soisewedthis.blogspot.ca/2013/01/join-in.html who also came up with the cute new logo on my sidebar. Visit her and join in!


Wild seas coupled with unseasonably cold windy weather last weekend. Here's hoping for some normality!

Happy Sewing, (blogging & photography) wherever you are,
Val.



14 comments:

  1. Nice job! I think the dress looks great belted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this on you! Nice colors, and the belt really makes it work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. You will really appreciate that dress on the warmer days. I need to sew myself some of these. Shame Jungle January is finished isn't it. I still have so much animal print left in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we needed a jungle extension!

      Delete
  4. Excellent work - love all your jungle prints. The dress looks beautiful and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pockets. When the weather cools off you can pair this dress with your coat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and summery and flattering. I hope the beach is less extreme for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think January was just too short of a month for all the finery we have seen. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gave all we secret leopard print fans an excuse to come out of the (fabric) coset!

      Delete
  8. Hello Dear :) .
    Great blog. Interesting post.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Welcome to my blog.
    http://photographyismyexistence.blogspot.com/

    Like me on Facebook. I will be extremely grateful.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-another-light/413836138693856

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like where you have taken this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great dress in "animal" -- I love the belted option.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I am with you (and others) as regards sewing for enjoyment. I laugh when I use a 'quick and easy' or 1-hour pattern. No such thing for me! I seem to take a long time on everything. I admit I am very picky on finish etc., but I also sit and watch the TV from my sewing table, take lots of breaks and manage to make the simplest project stretch out. But I enjoy myself! I do not have a sewing plan, pressure, I just sew what grabs me. Sew on!

    ReplyDelete