Monday, 25 February 2013

The Oscars 2013

Dear Bloggers,

I love seeing what people wear to the oscars every year, from Haute couture to Oh my what was that to the Isn't that awful I love it shockers. Sadly since almost all of the actors hire stylists these days and no one so much as does up their own zips, the fabulous shockers are getting to be few and far between. Where's Bjork? Where's Cher? I guess I have to look forward to Lady Gaga making some sort of guest appearance to liven things up.

In the meantime my award for Standout Glamour goes to two ladies. The first is Jennifer Lawrence, in this stunning gown. Photo Credit http://www.ibtimes.com/oscars-2013-red-carpet-best-worst-dressed-celebrities-hollywoods-big-night-photos-1102702


The second, looking amazing, was Michelle Obama.



I wish there was a full length shot of the dress. Photo credit from this website http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/michelle-obama-shines-night-metallics-ruled-oscars-article-1.1

Another favourite of mine, while not regal but young and fun, interestingly appeared on both best and worst lists. I give Zoe Saldana marks for thinking out of the box.



Photo credit. See first link, www.ibtimes.com/oscars.

That's it folks. Both websites are great for an overall roundup. What did you like?

Val.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Valerie, I liked these three gowns too. I was thinking 'return of the crinoline' which appeals to me. I also liked Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman's metallic gowns. I know what you mean about Cher - she was always good for a shocker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi Watts yes, not sure about Nicole's dress.

      Delete
  2. I liked the dress that Halle Berry wore when she presented an award. I'd love to see some shockers, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish our own Jackie Weaver would get a stylist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im afraid I have to agree with you there, she would look better in softer colours.

      Delete
  4. Gah! I'm getting some junk comments on here. I'm thinking of reinstating word verification.

    ReplyDelete