Wednesday, 6 March 2013

This Thing Called Fashion


Hello Bloggers,

This year in the hope of minimizing my stash and seeking more creative ways to use it the thought occurred to me that some of my material may have become - dare I say it- unfashionable? Perish the thought! Don't we all need the latest thing?
No Dear Reader, we don't.  In my carefully undertaken research of fashion blogs I have found that it is All In How You Wear It - maybe a little dash of How You Put It Together and, in our case, creative friends, how we fashion.v  it - so make it Darling, make it!
I found these items and I am feeling positively encouraged.



Anna Dello russo, editor of Japanese Vogue.  http://www.annadellorusso.com/adr-iconic-looks/

Then there's menswear




Umit Benan http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/F2013MEN-UBENAN





Enjoy

xx Val



10 comments:

  1. Oh! Pretty. I love that yellow fluffy coat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is .. I can see you looking quite good in it lol

      Delete
  2. The last guys needs a tan.
    I like how you're looking at fashion differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think fashion is all about how you wear it and how you put it together -- as well as how it fits and how it suits you. Dig into that stash and make it work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not making balaclavas with any of it though!

      Delete
  4. I think you are so right- it's all in how you swing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gave me a chuckle. We could start a new trend and sew some face masks - could be a good scrap buster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Valérie ! I am not a great fan of Dello Russo but curiously, I love that yellow coat .. Is she looking at herself in the mirror, do you think ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look like it. I guess you have to be a bit out there to edit a high fashion magazine in Japan.

    ReplyDelete