Monday, 26 August 2013

Deja Vu - BurdaStyle 126-02-2013 Top


Dear Readers,

Deja vu means 'I've seen that before' or 'I feel like I have lived this moment before'.  wikipedia You may be thinking 'Didn't she make something in that material before? A dress with a ruffle..Oh no, maybe she went mad and chopped it off..'

I have made a dress in this material before with a long front ruffle detail and the dress remains a favourite. This top is from the same pattern, made out of the leftovers. As they say here, if you are on a good thing, stick to it.




This pattern is a quick T-Shirt with gathered raglan sleeves to give a bit of interest. I stabilized the necklline by sewing on a strip of selvedge and turning it to the inside and coverstitching it. I also coverstitched the sleeve and body hems.

When I came home today I did the fastest photo shoot ever, just before all the neighbourhood children came home from school and it all got too busy in the space between my building and my neighbour's garage. The garage door was sprayed green to camouflage some graffiti some time ago but better than that it is in the perfect place for soft morning light or afternoon shade and photos!

Here is the previous dress and a  link to the post.  Soon it will be summer dress time again.



Happy midweek sewing everyone.

Val.

7 comments:

  1. Both the dress and the deja vu top are lovely! Definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice little tee top, Valerie, and don't you love a bonus garment from the remainders of something else! A totally free garment - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh absolutely! This translates fabulously into a top... and that means you can wear the awesome in double the number of situations now. WIN! The style seriously suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val! I love your T- shirt. It suits you so well. Your dress too. Black and white are obviously your colours. Wish they were my colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. True enough...great pattern for you. Two lovely garments. Hey, that garage door is so cool - looks great with those pants and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that t-shirt with the pants -- and the garage shots are perfect for that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up after a hiatus from blogging - I love the top and the dress. The ruffle down the front is great.

    ReplyDelete