Saturday, 3 August 2013

You win some, You lose some

Dear Readers,

You may have noticed that my blog has been silent for a few weeks. I did make a pair of skinny leg, pull on pants that ended up not finished and will never be finished, never worn. Maybe recycled in bits later .. much later.
Here is the photo.


What was I thinking? I was thinking of combining a favourite pattern for three part leggings with half woven houndstooth and half stretch material in black. I would wear it with long tops. It would be my take on the trend for checked pants that is enjoying a brief fashion moment right now. Well - it did not work. If I were taller or younger then maybe .. I put them on and knew I would not wear them so this is one of the times that I am cutting my losses and moving on. Some risks don't work but it is still worthwhile to try out a new idea occasionally.

On a brighter note you may notice that on my sidebar I now have a new blog. I have started a photo blog so I can indulge in photo talk with like minded people instead of sneaking in the odd photo here. If you are interested come on over.

Edited to add I have fixed the link :)

Thanks and take care,
Val.

14 comments:

  1. We've all had those "what was I thinking" moments. I agree that it is worthwhile to try out a new idea to see where it goes -- experimentation is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I have had those days too. I recommend a quick win sew to pick up the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those day are rare but it is good to experiment and then have a quick win sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies. A quick top is in order!
    Oh and Mrs Mole, thank you for joining my blog. You know I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made some ill-advised things too - I should be braver and share them like you have. Never mind.

    I'm a keen photographer, so I'm heading over to your other blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pants actually look like a good idea, but I also know from experience, that some things just don't look good when you finish. I love the phrase the 'Land of Stuff-ups' you used a while back, and now I send things off there, and the sooner the better. Sometimes my failure rate gets up to 50% when I have a bad year! Love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Valerie, the pants would look absolutely fabulous--on the right person, as you say. Always disappointing, but one lives and learns (well, I don't!).

    Pity, because they look so nicely made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you my blog friends. Sarah the pants would have looked good on my 19 year old self. Not that I have body issues - am grateful for the vehicle-of-the-soul in which I travel..I just sometimes forget that time has passed..

    ReplyDelete
  9. how brave of you to show your failures. Nice idea, how about turning it into a straight skirt would you consider wearing that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've all had our share of failures, Valerie, but I understand what you were trying to do and it was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Louise and Sarah I am glad you understood the look I was ai
    after. C'est la vie ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea of combining houndstooth with solid, and I'm sorry that this one didn't work out for you. Still, it looks like it was a fun project. Thanks for sharing -- sometimes it seems like all I see on sewing-related blogs are grand successes! It's not that I *want* others to have misses every now and then; it's just nice of you to share yours. I want to see it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to pass it on. If anyone wants to take the idea and run with it feel free!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! Funky pants! Well, always worth a try! Love that you've started a photo blog, something I've contemplated as well. I have two other blogs, empty but named, just waiting for me to get a move on! Know you will enjoy it - looking forward to your pics. I've really enjoyed looking at your pics from when you were travelling. Love the old place in your banner today...

    ReplyDelete