Sunday, 24 November 2013

About time I posted Something..

Hello Sewists,

How's the party season going? Anyone else setting out to sew something special to go out in? I am waiting for some patterns to arrive in the post from Butterick, a company I seemed to have forgotten existed until I recently saw B5850 so beautifully made up by Goodbye Valentino.



Friends I had to have it! Mine, all mine, for my recently purchased silk and silk lining.
While I was at it I ordered a jacket pattern I just love. B5958


All the biker jackets that have been in for a while now do not suit my body but this I can do. I also like all the variations. I have enough material in the stash for that one. I do not want to go too crazy buying fabric now that I have opened the purchasing floodgates. My aim for next year is to make sure I only buy what I need to fill gaps in my wardrobe. To sew with some sort of organization, if not gulp A Plan. I like sewing where the wind of whimsy takes me, so you know, baby steps..

In the meantime, what have I sewn?

This, the silk/cotton skirt from Vogue 1247. the muslin was reviewed here.




I made the skirt a bit straighter than the green one and a touch longer.
The top in both sets of photos is embroidered stash cotton and the pattern is Burdastyle 135-07-2013,
reviewed here. I made it up with darts on both sides rather than the eccentric gather one one side dart on the other combo and it is a handy top to wear loose or tucked in. I was on my way out to lunch with some old school friends. We meet about three times a year to catch up. Today was back to being warm and summery so it was just the thing.

Hope all is good where you are,
Happy Sewing,
Val.


11 comments:

  1. Love the skirt ~ very summery with this top! Can't wait to see your version of 5850 whipped up ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that B5850, especially the bow! Can't wait to see it, and that jacket pattern looks very chic and versatile. Cute little skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Burda reissued that pattern recently, it looks really familiar and I have only been buying Burda for a year now. It is nice to see it made up (without the strange darts). It goes in my queue now. And of course I like your V1247.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty skirt & the length is great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great skirt, isn't it? I'm getting ready to make No. 2. I do like your pretty fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect little skirt for our summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabric on the skirt! I think the jacket will be a stunner on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies.
    BTW re the dress I will put the straight skirt on it and tone down the bow a bit. I don't quite want that much foofiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your version of that 1247 skirt! Isn´t it the greatest pattern?
    And I´m looking forward to seeing what you make of those new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Valerie, I'm new to your blog but enjoying very much. Nothing nicer than a simple neat skirt. Like others, I also thought the lime green was gorgeous - just not enough of that colour in our summers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute outfit! It is freezing cold here, at least for California, so I'm especially envious of your being able to wear something so light and pretty!

    ReplyDelete