Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Impulsive Rosie Style Arc Top


Hello Bloggers, I'm still here. I've made up Style Arc's Rosie top, which was a freebie with some other Style Arcs bought earlier in the year. I like the line drawing. I like the idea of a quick pull on top that could be made in a variety of fabrics. The recommended fabrics are 'crepe, washed silk, cotton' but it really needs something with drape. I had nothing crepe-like that I was willing to use for a muslin so I used a piece of quilting cotton that I had bought on impulse and ran it up.


Before cutting out I did lots of measuring  and thinking. The crosswise front seam arcs over the stomach at a weird spot so I brought the centre of it down half an inch. I added 2cm to the armholes to extend those cap sleeves a little bit. I added the seam allowance to the centre back and cut the piece on the fold as I needed the extra bit of width at the shoulders and neck but then I added two vertical darts to the back bodice at the waist and at the end I took the sides in a bit. I didn't do a back neck loop closure. I tweaked and fiddled and took pictures.



It might work better in a different material now that I've got the fit sorted.
Should I try it again? What do you think?

Val. 



15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have got it fitting how you want it to. Hard to see some of the lines because of the fabric, but it looks like a cute top so I would give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, busy fabric.Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. It looks very cute on you Val, and you are brilliant at alterations - of which there were many! I really like the fabric, very trendy even if it's meant for quilting. It looks great with white pants. It would be nice to try it in silk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it difficult to see the details too but think it's a lovely top. Love the neckline and shoulder area too on you. I would make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shape/silhouette looks very nice on you and it fits well. You've done all the hard work so I'd give it another go too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely top, I'd definitely give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I'd go for it. To my eye, the design might work between in a block colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it a lot. It's flattering the way it comes in at the waist and then flairs out again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely give it another go. The shape is quite flattering and it has turned out a lovely top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute as can be, and I'll bet you wear it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it.. Would make it again... This one is really cute and looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the feedback ladies. I will be looking for some plain crepe material to make this up in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty-I say yes you should try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is cute! In a drapy fabric it should look kind of peplum-y and flirty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it turned out cute, I have this pattern but have yet to sew it.

    ReplyDelete