Saturday, 8 March 2014

Last Minute Lola


Dear bloggers,

Don't you love it when a pattern just comes together without any problems and gives the desired result? I love Lola, from Style Arc. As mentioned in my previous post, I quickly made them up from a piece of thrift shop rayon that cost $3 and elastic left over from my previous Lola. I like the greenish grey colours in this material and wish I had found it earlier in the Antipodean summer, but last minute is better than none.

Don't worry, I have fashionable things planned for Autumn/Winter but right now another pair of casual weekend pants was exactly what I need.







I didn't mean to have two palm trees growing out of my ass, but I don't think it quite qualifies for UPP (unfortunate print placement) like this lady at the local mall ..


I am happy with them.


Happy Sewing, 

Val.

15 comments:

  1. Great looking pants and I feel sorry for those that don't sew that get the pattern in the wrong place, but agree your pants definitely don't qualify after seeing the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pants! Something like this is on my list to try. The color is very pretty. That poor girl at the mall. Looks like the fabric is stuffed where it shouldn't be. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh they're lovely! And such a timely post because I was looking at these this morning on the Style Arc website. Fabulous print fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just perfect! Your palm trees are fine and a bit of a giggle, but that poor girls radiating spray of colour is just dreadful ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love them! And don´t worry about the palm trees! LOL at the poor lady, probably she did´t even realized !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pants are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are awesome. I am really interested in this pattern after reading your reviews. Especially since spring is finally arriving here! (I'm so excited!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loose fitting pants and Hawaiian print. A match made in summer heaven

    ReplyDelete
  9. UPP - very clever, and funny! Your pants look fabulous, and fit beautifully. I like that print very much, perfect for an Aussie summer. Very nice, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was worrying about this very thing with the last skirt I made - the photo of the food court girl made me laugh out very loudly! Your pants look great, don't you love it when a bargain piece of fabric works out so well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I sure do! the same shop is a treasure trove of old patterns as well, I have to restrain myself!

      Delete