Saturday, 5 April 2014

Rosie Take 2


Hello People,

A little update on Style Arc Rosie. I did make it again in rayon crepe. I had to re-instate the back seam because crepe of any sort has more give than cotton. I lowered curve of the front horizontal seam a bit more and narrowed the sides of the mid front panel a bit. You know it occurred to me that what I am doing is a reverse sway back adjustment, lowering the front instead of raising the back. Anyhow it worked. Here's a busy day sunset shot.


I was on the hunt for silk crepe but only found this rayon. This top really needs something better. It is going in my maybe file because right now I have other things to do including the April giveaway. Coming soon!

Happy Sunday,
Val.

9 comments:

  1. I like your new top.. The adjustments worked great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Rosie. Looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your adjustments look a lot better and it is a lovely top on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valery! Very nice top. Sure the adjustments worked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking cute there, Val, in Style Arc Rosie. She suits you well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This works - nothing like a basic white tshirt. I'm also a fan of white on white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you girls. Gail the top is actually a very pale beige-pink that I hardly ever wear but it looked good against my skin..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the top! I think the proportion of it looks especially nice with the shorts you've paired with it. I hope you can track down the right sort of fabric you're hoping for so that you can make it to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wondering about this pattern, it is good to read your recommendations for it before I sew it. Lovely sunset.

    ReplyDelete