Saturday, 19 July 2014

Condolences

Two days ago a Malaysia airlines passenger plane, MH17. came down over the Ukraine.
The news bulletins say it was shot down by high tech missiles. A casualty of war, it seems.
Civilians are dead, mostly Dutch nationals going to south east Asia on Holidays. Australians coming back from Europe. Britons going about their business. The numbers and nationalities keep shifting as do the reports of who did what and speculation as to who is responsible.

I am sorry.



Sorry that there are missiles to fire. Sorry that this air route that flies over the grand river valley of the Dnepr will forever be part of this tragedy. Sorry for the senseless waste of lives. Sorry that there will be more as countries fight over oil, over power, over boundaries, over I don't know what...


I love Amsterdam. I love the city. I remember the hospitality I found amongst sewing friends in The Netherlands. I hope you and yours are all safe ..


Many have dreamt dreams of all men living in peace. You know that saying about not staying silent?


A preacher here said that sorrow for this senseless act goes beyond words and it does...

Thanks for reading,
Val.

16 comments:

  1. So true, it is beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for expressing how i feeling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said, thank you Val.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you well said

    ReplyDelete
  5. A senseless tragedy. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written Val. Thank-you for writing about how we all feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you for a beautifully written post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for writing this. So tragic and needless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very true, Val. Why must missiles even exist? And then there's Gaza. So sad. I echo your sentiments. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true and beautifully written. Why, why, why?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very very sad. One of my colleague's friends parents died making it a very small world indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for putting this into words. Tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your words. It's been such a tragedy and all in The Netherlands are mourning the loss of so many people, especially because of the way it happened and the horrible aftermath of lack of cooperation. The six degrees of separation I can relate to. I have no personal loss to grieve about but three schoolmates of my friends daughters died.

    ReplyDelete