Friday, 8 August 2014

Jalie 3132


I made my first Jalie!

I resisted this Canadian Company because of postage and exchange rates, but you know what, they are no more expensive than ordering from some of the independent pattern companies right here in Oz, so it was time I gave them a go.

Here is 3132 Nursing Tees. I made the regular variation *cough*
I traced off the size that corresponds to my Burdastyle size and it was spot on. The pieces are nicely drafted and fit together so well. The instructions come in written and diagram form. I love diagrams, being a visualizer I don't need much else.

I used some grey knit from my stash and a long shoe lace for the hoodie tie. I kept the tunic length but future garments will be a bit shorter. I like the hoodie on a V neck and the just right sleeves.



I haven't moved to acreage. I wish. I took the photos in the Plough and Harrow East Regional Park, which is ten minutes drive away and used to be a horse riding ranch when I was a kid.

I have ordered some lovely bamboo knit fabric to do this hoodie top again, but more on that later. For now I may just do another make over, an outdated coat to jacket.

Happy weekend and happy sewing,

Val.

8 comments:

  1. Love your jacket.. Everyone keeps talking about how well the Jalie patterns are.. I need to try them out.. Happy sewing. and I look forward to seeing your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are moving in to our fall season here in the US. Your hoodie is inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! and I love the tunic length. Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a professional looking hoodie you have made, Val. Well sewn! Have never tried Jalie patterns, but off to check them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This hoodie does look really well-proportioned. It looks great on you!

    Side note: photos of gum trees never fail to make me homesick... I like that you've taken your modelling on the road :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderul hoodie. Looks nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking hoodie and another one who loves Jalie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hoodie! Will be great for cool weather.

    ReplyDelete