Monday, 6 October 2014

V1349 as a cycling outfit


Ok, this is the last time that I'll blog about V1349 for a while but definitely not the last time I'll make it.

For those of you that haven't read my blog, I have made V1349 up in a stable knit for my daughter (see previous post) but I wanted to show you the result of my original vision.

I will eventually sew the little sack dress of DKNY's vision but I had to use that fabulous seaming for my vision...

Here I am in my outfit about to go cycling.




The glow in the dark green snakeskin print is for visibility and because I loved it.

The shorts are a modified version of Burdastyle 126/3/2012 three part pants blogged here.

The top is long enough and just loose enough, the pants go high at the back waist and it's comfortable. The armholes are modest and just the right size.

That's what I looked for and did not find in RTW exercise gear which when it fits through the shoulder and chest tends to be too tight through the waist and hips. The stuff that fits at the waist is baggy through the armholes. I got sick of that so the result of RTW frustration is this! And it worked!

I'm on a mission to get my fitness and my waist back and just to feel better generally. I even feel like socializing again.

Thanks,
Val.

19 comments:

  1. Love it, you look great and what a great idea to use the patterns for your active wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! These patterns are perfect for active wear and look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the snakeskin! This is fantastic! It glows in the dark... what?!! That' so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reflects light rather than actively glows

      Delete
  4. That is the beauty of a good pattern, it is so versatile. Fantastic outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Val, you look fabulous! The green snake print is gorgeous, and I love your colour blocking. If you lived near me I would pester you for lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's anything I can help you with you can email me anytime.

      Delete
  6. What a great cycling outfit and you look great! Some patterns deserve multiple posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely, and so original. I get what you mean by the wrong size on the arms or the waist. Incidentally, I was in Sydney the weekend before last and thought I saw you on the light rail... so I embarrassed myself by asking if that woman was named Valerie... you have a double! I was even trying to remember if I'd seen the shirt she was wearing on the blog! She was very polite and said no she wasn't but it's a lovely name! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That double of mine has been running around Sydney for some time now, so don't feel bad!

      Delete
  8. I love this exercise outfit! Your two visions for this pattern far exceed anything I would have thought of. I have the same problem with almost all RTW tops, exercise ones especially. What a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. You've done so well on this outfit. I'll have to get some sewing pointers from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely high vis! You look very fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. My legs and arms are fit - the rest of me is still pudge but I am getting there!

      Delete
  11. Looks great! That snakeskin is perfect for this. You are making me feel bad -- like I need to go out and exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ... on a bicycle built for two :-)

    ReplyDelete