Saturday, 28 February 2015

M6277 in Jacquard Cotton


I am not a child of the computer age. I remember a world without internets or mobile phones and digital gadgets.

I tend to get myself into trouble when I try to edit posts on my mobile phone and I recently not only deleted a post but my whole sewing blog roll, trying to close everything in a hurry while at work ;) so if you don't see yourself on my blog roll it's because I now either follow you on my bloglovin feed or haven't put you back on the sidebar yet. I will be trying to limit the side bar. It was getting rather unwieldly.

Computers. Anyway, never say die ...

I made up a previous favourite pattern M6277 in a cotton bought from Tessuti's that was gutsy enough not to need lining, did a sway back adjustment and adjusted the side seams to go in and out where I go in and out. You can see tan lines from where I've been wearing it!

The pattern has been reveiwed on PR as running large at the waist, which is great for the non wasp waisted. With little adjustments each time this will be my TNT sheath.







I've got some gorgeous lime green bamboo linen that I could make up in this, or make up a dress with little cap sleeves from an old Burda magazine. I better make my decision before this last blast of summer is over.

By the way does anyone else find it disastrous to try to edit blogs on their mobile phone, or is it just my fumble fingers?

Happy first of spring or autumn wherever you are,

Val.

Oh and just a callout to ElleC - you never did email me you address so I could send you the Issey Miyake give away. Do you still want it?

17 comments:

  1. Ha! While I often have to read blogs on my phone, even making a comment can be a headache. I have never attempted to edit my blog posts this way...Anyway, I tried to comment before, but I love this dress on you and am always up for posts on attractive clothing that does not require a small waist:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cotton! There is nothing better than a beefy cotton that doesn't need a lining. I am in capable of typing anything on my phone. I read blogs on my phone but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can barely make a comment on my phone or ipad. Your dress is very nice. Have you thought about adding cap sleeves to this pattern - the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute sheath and love the fabric. Phones...would you believe I still use a flip phone? Will not give it up. Plan to sell it on Craigslist for a fortune when it's an antique...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My flip phone was the first mobile phone I ever really felt comfortable with. Great design. I still have it but needed to upgrade for work.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a super cotton, Val, and it looks stunning. This is the best dress for Summer, I think, cool and comfy, yet very smart too. I can read stuff on my phone, but omg, not blogging. I can't even text, my fingers are too clumsy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks looks such a great TNT pattern - it's really good on you, and I'm sure it would be great with little slveeves too. I haven't tried editing posts on my mobile phone, I struggle enough with writing comments (oops, deleted that, write it again, oops, not logged in, write it again, oops predictive text fail...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks looks such a great TNT pattern - it's really good on you, and I'm sure it would be great with little slveeves too. I haven't tried editing posts on my mobile phone, I struggle enough with writing comments (oops, deleted that, write it again, oops, not logged in, write it again, oops predictive text fail...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what happens to me. It predicts the wrong word then it is an endless hassle to edit.

      Delete
  8. Valerie, your new dress looks so lovely on you; congrats on a new TNT. The hours I've wasted trying to use my devices for trying, unsuccessfully, to comment on blog posts ------ from a link a Bloglovin. I now (past couple of weeks) have all of my bloglovin blogs on my own blog roll and comment from there. Plus going through bloglovin fills about 1/3 of my screen with ads. With my stubby fingers I can't imagine doing anything to my own blog. I think I have a setting so that only the recent 10 posts of blogs on my blog roll show, and I can tap something at the bottom of the 10 to show all posts. Now we'll see if this goes through. HTH and good luck to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty..
    Yes.. I do have troubles with the modern technology.ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg, I never edit on my phone. My fingers are too slow, the screen is too small for me to see what things really are going to look like - basically I'm just too old for all of this. I'm not a technophobe, but there are limits ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking dress and definitely a TNT by the sounds of things.

    Blogging on the phone, no way and not that good on the iPad either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple style, great fit, and a TNT - what's not to like? =)

    Rarely do I read blogs or comment on my phone. It's too much of a hassle and autocorrect can sometimes be a real joy (/sarcasm).

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful print -- perfect for a streamlined design like this sheath. I read blogs and comment when I am at my computer and have a chunk of time to devote to it, which is why I always play catch-up on the weekends. I try to keep my typing to a minimum on other devices, as it is so frustrating (hate that autocorrect)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Valeria.
    It means so much to me
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete