Saturday, 4 April 2015

Burda 7783 again


Just checking in to say I made up Burda 7783 in a knit again, this time a more casual version in a python print. The material had been lying about waiting to be made up all summer and I couldn't quite decide what to make with it until now.

I made this dress much the same way as I made the rose print (see previous post) but I shortened the dress 2" at waist level to bring the pockets a bit higher. I also relaxed the fit a tiny bit. The centre front seam is a mistake caused by cutting out in a hurry before going to work during the week, but luckily it somehow looks ok. I have another between weather dress.









The shots were taken inside because it's been raining for days. They do say to be careful what you wish for!

Happy Easter to all,
Val.

16 comments:

  1. Great looking dress Love the fabrc

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dress looks great. I wouldn't have notice the centre front seam if you hadn't mentioned it. Happy easter too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very figure flattering dress, perfect for autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a centre front seam there? Wow, you'd never know, and it is matched up perfectly. What a great looking dress Val, and looks gorgeous on you. I love this type of dress of 'tween seasons. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What centre front seam? Perfect pattern matching and great looking dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning fabric. Did you buy it in Sydney?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't see a centre seam either. The fit is sublime. You are looking great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. Re the centre front seam, yes it gets swallowed up by the print. When I realized what I had done, I just serged it together along the very edges and it did not disturb the print. The back seam is deliberate, I forgot to say I did a sway back adjustment.

    Gail I bought the fabric in Sydney, I'm almost certain it was Spotlight at Birkenhead Point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic dress and love the print, perfect for our cooler days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love that dress and the print is wonderful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty.. Great job on placing the designs of the fabric..
    looks great on you. Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Va-va-va-voom! The matching on the front is spot on. Happy accidents are the best. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful dress on you -- such a cool print! I love how the simple design makes the print stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your dress and your hair style. Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty dress!! I love the fabric and the direction of the print. It's very flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes I love these funny pictures !! Very nice dress!

    ReplyDelete