Saturday, 14 November 2015

Vogue 9067 View D straight legged pants



Hi everyone.

I've made up Vogue 9067 again, this time the straight legged pants, View D  V9067
These pants are loose and flowing with pockets at the side seams and an elasticised waist. Super quick, super easy. Going by the picture I thought they may be too wide on my short self so I made them up without pockets to see how they'd go.





The jungle print rayon was gift from Melodie from sew melodic.com as part of the partner exchange from Prttynpnk's purrfect-pairings back in January of this year. Thank you Melodie. I didn't know what to make from it till now but better late than never! It was the perfect weight and has a nice drape.





Changes:  I ommitted the pockets but if I make them again I will do pockets. It needs pockets!
I put elastic all the way around. The pattern actually has a little front panel and the elastic attaches to the ends..I cut my own casing from a strip of selvedge.

I folded out 5 cm from the length of the legs.

My most important change was a sway back adjustment. In the past I have done this by angling up the side seam to add an extra inch to the top of the centre back seam but I've discovered that it works far better on me to do a wedge across the back just above the crotch curve. See photo:




I put the white paper behind the  pattern so you could see it. 
On this photo you can see why this adjustment works on my body.
Me = angled  Pattern = angled







The result. They are easy to wear, not too voluminous and I like them more than I thought I would!
I hope all of you stay safe and well,

Val.


9 comments:

  1. What lovely pants, Val. You are doing well with this pattern. I was very interested in the sway back adjustment - I had no idea that is what you do with pants. No wonder I never have much success with them: I have a sway back also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. Most books say to put the sway back alteration as a wedge at the very top, tapering to nothing at the sides but this way works for my behind ;

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! I want a pair...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it! I think I spent more time cutting out the fabric than actually making them up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pants! And love your styling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. the shirt is a RTW favourite of mine in white linen.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic pants they look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are great! I love how you are wearing them, too. I bought a pair of elastic waist pants last year but can never figure out what to wear them with. These look great with the white linen shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even with out the pockets, its still looking good! besides it looks so easy to pair with different types of top, thanks for sharing.

    Dressmaking Fabrics

    ReplyDelete