Thursday, 10 December 2015

Kate Revisited


Tessuti Kate is a sleeveless top for lightweight woven fabrics by Tessuti.
I've seen it made up straight out of the packet (SOOP) with effortless fit on other bods, mostly pears. Good on them but I have to alter and I have to tweak. I made a muslin (see previous post) which shows the pre-tweak top on me.

I widened the front armhole scoop of the pattern by taking it out 12 mm about one third up the curve, smoothing it out to 6 mm along the rest of the armhole. I widened the back a smidgen just at the shoulder seam to match what I'd done. Basically I reworked the armhole to sit on me how it sits on a smaller shouldered person SOOP.

I made it up in the rest of my precious bought-in-Paris silk. I used very lightweight iron on stabiliser at the neck and armholes and back loop area. I do not have the actual tear away stabiliser the pattern instructions recommend. I will have to get me some of that stuff because stabilising these areas does make a difference.

I had to piece quite a few bit of leftover material to make continuous bias to line the neck and armholes. I also had to do separate little facings for the side vents. I'd added a scant 1cm to the length of the body pieces then I put back the front curve which I'd straightened in my muslin.










What do you think?

I'm off to sew a hobo style bag, a request from DD. Happy sewing,

Val.




7 comments:

  1. Great fit, well worth the effort of your adjustments. You can go ahead and make several more now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! But not for a while. Other things beckon..

      Delete
  2. It looks perfect, Val, and I know how difficult that can be with these little tops. I am always looking for the perfect pattern, especially during Summer when you need about three every day! Isn't that silk fabric gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia - The top feels beautiful to wear. I think they'll be more 'everyday' silk in my wardrobe from now on..

      Delete
  3. Loving this top on you. I chuckled at the changes you made to the armhole. When I made my Tessuti Gabby dresses I had to redraft the entire armhole as well. Who are their fit models!! hobbits...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tank fits beautifully and showcases your special fabric . I have some tweedy boucle from Paris to make a skirt - I think 2016 may be the year for that one. I do firmly believe in using precious fabric - you never know perhaps one day you will go back and get some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your top looks so fresh and perfect. More silk day to day sounds good.

    ReplyDelete