Sunday, 27 December 2015

Kwik Sew 3497


Christmas is over. I had a good time.

But right now I feel unfit, heavy. Not svelte. The antidote of course is to stop overindulging and get moving. Get back on the bike. Literally.
In between sewing, that is.

I recently made some items for DD from black scuba knit that she'd bought. I made TNT Elle pants, not blogged this time as they keep getting made over and over and over. I had some strips of material left so I found myself digging through the knit stash to find some cute stable knit 'pop art' scraps I had too and an old Kwik Sew tank pattern.

Can't find it on their site, it's probably OOP but there's a tank with a similar neckline K3844 here. The body would have to be altered a bit but then again the slight swing top shape is everywhere right now..

But for basic fit I seem to be rediscovering the genius of early KS knit patterns that were drafted by Kirsten Martenssen. They are so good. Keepers.













Anyway, I used view C and inserted a panel down the CF and CB and now I have a new cycling top. I serged all edges then turned them over and zig zagged. Easy! I love the serger for things like this.

No more honey cup cakes with whisky cream, made by my SIL. She is a very good cook.
They've all been eaten  ; )


Have a Happy 2016.
Val.

6 comments:

  1. have a wonderful 2016 Valerie.
    Nice fabric combination. At some point I want ti make some exercise garments too. Good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top. The POP art panels are really different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top! do you find scuba knit to be 'hot'? Now that liqueur...does it really require a cupcake?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigrid thank you. I hope 2016 is a safe and happier year for all!
    SewRuthie I like the challenge
    Summer Flies It was a printed jersey with a bubble like texture and very little stretch - the perfect match
    Coco the material that Spotlight calls 'Scuba knit' is way more lightweight than your scuba knit. It's more like a slightly spongy dance lycra. Even then it's a material for days that are not too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tank top. I like the contrast panels. I have that pattern and agree the original Kwik Sew patterns are far better than the new ones. Keepers for sure.

    ReplyDelete