Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Style Arc Lola goes Cargo in cotton/hemp and a dress revamp


Hello sewing friends.

If you read the previous post about modifying the Lola pants into cargos you would have seen my photo of a bargain table piece of cotton/hemp that I picked up at the Fabric Store, Sydney. I've quickly made them up. It was a squeeze to cut them out of the yardage and I had to piece the pockets but I kind of like the look. The pants feel remarkably light for a sturdy material and the loose style allows for some air movement.







'This location is not going to work' out take.

On another note I have been doing some revamps of existing clothes. This RTW linen dress is a favourite but has always been hard to wear because the neckline would slip down and occasionally reveal too  much. My solution - a colourful appliqué from the jersey I used for the B6024 top. I  glued black cotton poplin to the back and experimented with freeform zig zag for the first time ever, then sewed it into place.








At christmas I am looking forward to partying with family, having more sewing time and of course more time at the beach...

Happy sewing everyone,
Val.


8 comments:

  1. Well, how clever is that, talented Val! What a pretty fix to your neckline. And the pants, really nice and perfect for the season. I have that Lola pattern but have not yet tried it. Having sewing withdrawal while the sewing room is out of action, can't wait to get back to it. Addiction!! he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lola is a good pattern, but I have other Style Arc pants to try. In fact I have so many unmade patterns bought this year to try!

      Delete
  2. Very clever fix for your neckline and the cotton/hemp for your pants will be cool and perfect for those summer evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. The pants are already a favourite.

      Delete
  3. Your cotton/hemp was a fabulous find Val. It looks great sewn up in this style and I imagine will be a lovely cool fabric to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dilliander. I love hemp blends and I wish they were more readily available.

      Delete
  4. Great comfortable pants and clever solution for the neckline.
    Saw your comment on my blog for the Burda challenge, nice you want to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the loose pants vibe on you. And of course I adore the green dress - nice catch to save it!

    ReplyDelete