Saturday, 4 February 2017

Designer Fabulousness Dior Spring '17


In the midst of outlandish and sometimes downright silly looks on the high fashion runways, occasionally there is a collection that is truly haute couture with sumptuous fabrics, exquisite design, glamour and elegance and just a tiny twist of the bizarre.. There is a new designer at Dior called Maria Grazia Chiuri. Here's a link to the Dior Spring 2017 Collection and here are some of my favourites.








All the daywear was simple midnight black. To me the outfit below epitomises classic French elegance. I love the tailored black jackets, and the short jacket over the gauchos..sigh!








From the stratospheric heights of faux-forest runways to kitchen table reality, I am currently sewing a summer dress for a friend. It's a replica of one she saw me wearing. It's posted here. I normally say no but found myself saying yes, including shopping for the fabric... I'll be back to posting my own stuff soon,

Val.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my, these are so delicious I could eat them. Every outfit is gorgeous, but I have a soft spot for pale pink with black. Have fun with your friend's dress - I looked back and it is the fun trapeze number :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia, I'm kind of partial to the olive green silk. It's what we could wear to a grand ball in a castle isn't it?

      Delete