For a few months now I've had plans to make this popular Simplicity shirtdress. There are quite a few versions floating around the internet and now I've made mine! The pattern is a good one. It's body skimming and shaped to look ok belted or unbelted. Nice drafting. Beware though - it's short. I did the longer length of view C to make it a bit more trans-seasonal and I left off the collar but kept the stand because I liked it better that way. Adjustments: a scant half cm added to the centre back neck on all pieces and 1 cm added to the height of the patch pockets. Nothing else. I did a 14 out of the packet but on next versions I will turn the back gathers into an inverted pleat, add a bit more ease across the high hip and move the inside pockets up by 2.5 cm. The sleeves, which I wear turned up, are a weeny bit longer than I like but all these are usual-to-me tweaks for my body. I highly recommend this pattern.
Original sleeve length and fully buttoned but really, I'll be wearing it like it is in the shot below.
I'm starting to post shots on Instagram.
Stash fabric, pattern and notions used.
Patterns purchased 2
Material purchased 3