I finished my shirtdress and it's already one of my favourite garments. For this one I made it looser through both the body and the sleeves on purpose. I wanted it to be a breezy in-between weather garment. The days can still be quite warm here after cool mornings so the ability to roll up the sleeves is a bonus. The linen is one of those serendipitous fabrics that softened upon washing and wearing and does not need ironing.
The nitty gritty: I had previously added 1cm through the centre of the collar and the stand and the yoke. I added a total of 3cm to the centre back of the dress and turned the back gathers into a pleat. I added .7 of a cm to the side seams, and half a cm each side to the width of the sleeves. I lengthened the sleeves by 18 cm. This included a deep hem of 5cm plus a 1.5 cm turn under.
I've set up a 'studio' of sorts in my living room. It consists of a white sheet backed by a white tablecloth and hung from a wooden pole on two hooks, like a curtain. I really should remove the picture and the noticeboard from behind this rig as I have a bit of yellowish strike through. It's a work in progress, like everything else but I think the details of my sewing are a more visible and it's quicker and easier than being on display outside. I'll still try to do some outdoor shots though...
I'm running up a quick skirt muslin using a self draft with this pattern's skirt hem then I'll be cutting into the materials for my black wool jacket (gulp!)
Happy sewing and happy wearing,
Stash material used this year 14
2017 material purchase used 1
Patterns bought 2
Material bought 10 Yes three were added yesterday to fill gaps in my wardrobe but it's
still more out than in :))