Saturday, 20 May 2017

Me made May 2017 Weekly wrap 3


Hi there. Here we are at the end of week three and almost at the end of May. Oh dear, I am a bad diarist. I had some very early starts for work this week so these were taken this morning. I'm enjoying finding new ways to wear my stuff and even rediscovering boots I have not worn in ages.
One new item made this month is this black and white knit skirt. It's already a favourite. The pattern is New Look 6107 a simple straight skirt with back vent. I actually bought the pattern for the blouse which I want to make later. The skirt material is a thick loose weave knit from Spotlight. I used elastic in the waistband instead of a zip which would have unsuitable for this material. 







During the week I tried out B6024 as a winter outfit. I also made the scarf.


I also rediscovered my velvet version of Butterick 5958 jacket. I'd forgotten how warm it was.


That's all folks..all I had time to photograph anyway!

p.s. I am going to Melbourne for a short break next weekend and to see the Van Gogh exhibition at the NGV. Looking forward to it but what are other Melbourne must sees? 

Have a good week,
Val.


4 comments:

  1. Looking so good! Enjoy the exhibit...what a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco. A whole day will be devoted to seeing art and photography exhibits, my birthday treat!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, how nice to be going to see Melbourne and the Van Gogh. Another friend just went and loved it! Your skirt is very chic, and beautifully cut. Sometimes the simple things are not so easy to perfect, but you sure did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. I'll think of you when I'm getting my fill of art!

      Delete