Friday, 5 May 2017

Me made may, weekly wrap.


Here's the Saturday wrap.
Today I am wearing a previously unblogged retro top made from striped knit viscose and a thrift shop  pattern find, Burda 4410. It's one of the old ones where you had to add your own seam allowances. I tried my best to make the stripes match. It's my latest cycle to the shop outfit.






During the week I wore one of my favourite jackets B5958 originally made with a zip that gave me endless trouble catching on the wool and I finally replaced it with big black snaps. I love this pattern.





Then there was one of my many Cynthia Rowley tops. 





And finally, my recently posted recycled denim skirt.



My aim next week is to move away from my TNT's and get out some of my other stuff!
Till then have a happy time sewing,
Val.














10 comments:

  1. You've made some lovely stuff. I especially love the fabric of your Cynthia top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine. The black knit floral was a find at Pitt Trading, Sydney.

      Delete
  2. cute stuff! I particularly like your jacket - snaps are brilliant. I thought about doing MMM, but... for example, it's May 6 and I haven't been out of the house since April! At this rate, a roundup at the end of May would suffice :-)

    I love your striped top, the width of the stripes is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco. You probably could do and end of the month roundup, the rules are very elastic as long as you get wear out your me-made clothes..which I know you do anyway.

      Delete
  3. all those items are great but that 1st stripe top is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. It's one of those loose tops that hide the butt....

      Delete
  4. No, not daft, just a happy smiling face Val :)
    I have said it before but I have to say it again, I Love Love Love that skirt! It is so fantastic. As is the stripe top, great style and fit. You can never have too many stripe tops, is my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great first week, Valerie. I simply must copy that skirt. I just read Marcy Tilton's Paris report and your skirt could have come from one of those chic boutique windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that Karl Lagerfeld and I are on the same page lol

      Delete